If you are not sure if the work you are planning requires a building permit, please contact the Village Zoning Administrator/Village Clerk or the Village Office to verify.  Any work that is started without a building permit and that requires a building permit will be issued a stop-work notice by our Building Inspection service B&F Code Compliance.  

Zoning Variance and Special Permit requests are to be submitted to the Village Zoning Administrator/Village Clerk at shabbonaclerk [at] gmail.com.  Please contact the Village Clerk with any variance or special permit questions.

Utility Permit form is available under building permit forms.  Companies that are planning to do  telephone, cable TV, electric, gas, fiber optic or other underground or aerial work within the village need to submit the Utility Permit From along with drawings.  The Village Engineer will review and issue Utility Permit upon approval.